We all have been hurt at sometime or another. It’s painful and disturbing. People experience an array of emotions ranging from sadness to rage. Our peace is the victim of this discord. Loss of peace could cause agony, which in turn could cause a range of physical discomfort and diseases. Restlessness, lack of sleep, irritability, acidity, indigestion, constipation or diarrhea, irritable bowel disease, increased blood pressure, aches and pains and could trigger and aggravate an underlying disease.
In simple words the hurt is really hurting us. The pain and mental suffering is the outcome of hurt and it is for the person who is hurt to bear, suffer and endure. The person who has caused the hurt and pain could blissfully be unaware of the distress caused and could have even forgotten the event.
The longer we hold on to the event the longer we suffer. It’s our peace that is lost, it’s we who suffer, it’s our agony, it’s our pain.
So many people have suffered intense agony for years. It has robbed them of a happy and peaceful life. It has even caused them mental and physical diseases. It’s really unwise to suffer for the bad conduct of another person. But ironically many people suffer for no fault of theirs.
There is a way out of all this pain and agony. The exit from this suffering is easy but difficult at the same time. Some find it easy to find peace but some struggle to find peace.
The following suggestions could help. Try them out and leave your experience in the comments below.
- Accept the fact that you have been hurt and it’s not your fault.
- The person who hurts you is hurt too. It’s hurting him and that’s the very reason he is hurting you in return
- We all have blind spots and hence cannot see our contribution to the other persons reaction that hurt us.
- Feel your pain. Don’t run away from it. It’s ok to hurt.
- Write it down on a paper. Write down the event, your hurt feelings,
- Don’t justify yourself or the other person. Just write your feelings as they emerge. Keep writing. The emotions could change from intense anger to sadness. You will go through different emotions as you write it down. Don’t stop writing till all the emotions are out.
- Read it again and if any emotions or feelings arise, write it down. As you write it you will gradually feel a release of your pain.
- Take the paper and burn it. Feel the release.
- Talk to someone but Don’t let them justify either of the parties. Talk to a neutral person or best to a counselor.
- Pray and communicate your hurt to god. Forgive the person and wish him well. Ask for god’s grace to assist you in the process of forgiveness. You may have to pray several times. Ultimately you will find a release of the negative emotions and peace will come to you.
- Mentally forgive the offender and wish him well. Also ask for his forgiveness as you could never know how you could have contributed to the situation in which he hurt you. Even if you assume that you are totally blameless in the situation, yet ask for forgiveness at least mentally.
- If In case you realize it was your fault that contributed to the hurtful event then make it a point to seek the other persons audience and ask for forgiveness.
- Irrespective of whether he forgives you or not you will begin to feel the weight lifted and will find peace. It will be easy on your conscience and you could go on living a happy and healthy life.
- Remember to pray and thank god for helping you overcome your hurt and making you a wiser and better person.
Hope you found these tips helpful.
Homoeopathy and counselling has helped many people overcome hurt and find peace, discover happiness and reinvent their lives
If you or your friends are facing a difficult time and need help, please feel free to contact us by filling the form below.
You could follow us on social media.